Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blah... Sex!... Blah...

So. Tired.

I've been going through this thing where I get up and feel okay, but by around 3:00 P.M. my body aches and I feel very restless but lacking in energy at the same time. It really sucks. I don't know if that's just when my morning Percocet wears off, or what, but it's getting super-annoying. I have had an increase in baseline pain and physical discomfort since I started taking Latuda, which sucks, because it does what it needs to do otherwise.

There have been some good things. I'm doing some freelance administrative work for a friend who will pay me for my time. (Though, I might ask him for more than $50, as I'm not even halfway-done and it has already taken me a solid 4 hours. We'll see. It just feels good to have something to do.)

The additional sex has been nice, now that Matt and I aren't treating semen like a deadly toxin. I always feel better after sex (go figure.) It kinda feels like we're newlyweds all over again, or maybe for the first time. I am thrilled at the effect trying for a kid has had on our intimacy in and out of the bedroom.

Still, this daily date with restless fatigue is getting me down. I've been so uncomfortable during the day that I can't even handle being in the car for more than a few minutes. It's like my fibromyalgia has gotten ratcheted up to 11.

In other medical news: Since our insurance denied my back surgery for a second time, I really need to get my butt scheduled for more physical therapy. Especially if I might be carrying a child anytime soon, I need to get my body in some kind of shape. The other thing that was suggested was a spinal stimulator, an electrical device that would be implanted in my back. I'm not too keen on it. They are mostly used for people for whom spinal fusion surgery hasn't worked. I'm not sure if I want to go the route of putting a foreign object in my body that might work, and might not cause additional trauma and pain. I also don't know what that would mean for carrying Potential Child.

Ugh. There is so much on my mind, but I can't seem to articulate any of it today. And my IBS is acting up. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment