Saturday, June 29, 2013

Grateful 6.29.13

I said I was gonna do one of these every day, so here it is.

Today I am grateful for thunderstorms, rain, wind and needed change. I am grateful for my husband, whose absence during business trips only makes me appreciate his kindness, patience, and deep love for me all the more when he returns. I am grateful for friends new and old, for summer stuff like cookouts and fireflies and festivals (one of which I would like to go to tomorrow.) I am grateful for not having been in too much pain to enjoy myself today, and to have been able to help Matt at least a little bit with chores. I'm grateful for inexpensive shiny things that nonetheless make me very happy. I'm grateful for Miss Valkyrie Gingerpaw Wagner and her antics, even if she does knock over everything I own. I am grateful for the fact that the bed bugs don't seem to be in my room, and don't seem to be affecting Matt much. I am grateful that whoever parked in our spot moved before we had to have them towed. I'm grateful for candles that smell nice and for my big squishy stuffed wolf whom I have yet to name. I'm grateful for my sacred space and for order amid the chaos. I'm grateful for the chaos because it leads to rewards once it's all untangled. And finally, I'm grateful for the new car, and my new tablet, both of which make it easier for me to get around.

No comments:

Post a Comment