Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Breaking the pattern

A few days ago, I asked Loki to break the things that are holding me back. He said to be careful what I wish for. Well, today, I am happy that I wished for it. I broke my pattern. It's not for all-time and it may not even be for this week, but just for today, I broke my pattern of lethargy. It started with a very intense dream in which I was transfiguring objects into beautiful sculptures. I was in the Harry Potter 'verse, and Professor McGonagall was helping me find my way at a wizarding college. She said I had dragon magic, and that I'd been a dragon in a past life. Anyway, none of that really matters. What matters is that I woke from the dream, got out of bed, didn't even check to see what time it was, got dressed, and went outside for something other than a cigarette. In fact, I didn't even bring my cigarettes with me. I went for a walk in the woods by our apartments, and took pictures. I found an easier way down to the creek than the one I'd been using, though it is a bit more covered in brush. I found otter tracks, which made me smile. I enjoyed the cool, morning air and the sweet of honeysuckle and bitter of walnut. I came back, and edited a couple of the pictures I took with my phone.


Started this entry, took a shower, finished this entry. I'm contemplating going back to bed. Even if I go back to bed now and don't get up for the rest of the day (which is unlikely), I will have accomplished more than I have in many of my "normal" days combined, and further, done something I haven't done in a very, very long time. (I don't even get up this early for conventions.)

I'm feeling pretty good right now. Here's hoping it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment