Monday, January 28, 2013

Art


I decided last night that today I would make some art. My goal for today was that I would produce some sort of art by the time I went to bed tonight. I have accomplished that goal, and it feels very good.

I've actually been feeling quite good all day, for a change. I was a little icky when I woke up, like I always am, but I pushed past it and got myself dressed and out of the house. I was worried, because I didn't have much cash for the coffee house, and if I stay there for hours I run the risk of getting low blood sugar if I don't eat. I made myself a high-protein breakfast, and decided to go anyway. On the way there, I found $5 on the ground. I took this as a sign from the gods that They were pleased with my decision to get out and make some art today. That little "miracle" really picked me up and improved my mood.

I took my pens and paper, as well as my digital tablet, to the coffee house. I realized when I got there that I had forgotten the power cord for my computer. It forced me to shut the computer down for a while and work only with my pens, which I think was a good thing, because with a computer comes many distractions that are not art.

It is amazing how time flies when I am working on a drawing or other project. I put my pen to the paper and when I come up for air, two hours have passed in what seems like only a few minutes. I finished the line-work for a piece, which I will scan in later tonight for the purpose of coloring digitally.

Anyhow, I'm hoping that this feeling of accomplishment can nudge me into a pattern of productivity in terms of art and personal growth. Things have been stagnant for far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment